Tasked with preventing infections, EVS leaders must continually monitor personnel to ensure all cleaning protocols are upheld—which is no small task. Though EVS is an essential function, we find it is often under-staffed, making the manager’s job even more challenging.
Automated staff reporting tools make it easier for EVS leaders to manage personnel and maintain cleanliness standards throughout their organization. In this blog, we’ll examine the benefits of automated reporting and how it can be implemented within EVS.
Benefits of automated reporting
If you’re like most EVS supervisors, it can be challenging to stay on top of personnel responsibilities and productivity. Overwhelmed EVS leaders simply don’t have time to manually track each and every daily cleaning task.
That’s why an automated staff reporting solution can be so impactful. Here are a few ways that you and your department can benefit:
- Measure each employee’s performance regularly, and identify areas for improvement or training
- Have a record of each completed task to ensure proper cleaning protocols are always followed
- Easily comply with regulatory audits
- Evaluate daily operational tasks and find opportunities to streamline and improve
- Keep track of downtime activities to ensure each is completed
Automated reporting in practice
Beyond the benefits stated above, here are some concrete ways to use that activity and performance data:
- Understand how daily activities are being accomplished and allocate staff more efficiently
- Take note of activities a particular employee often forgets or mishandles; this may be a training opportunity
- Similarly, use your electronic reports in employee performance evaluations, to measure performance over time, discuss areas of weakness/opportunity, set short- and long-term goals, and inform salary decisions as appropriate
- Identify activities that many staff struggle to accomplish correctly; institute in-service training to improve those metrics
- Use data collected to implement contests and individual and/or group goal setting challenges to improve specific areas
Sound overwhelming? All of this reporting is easy and at your fingertips when using a software tool like ReadyList. Learn more about how we partner with EVS leaders like you.